Announcements & Events
Centenary University Applications/Instant Decision Day and Full-Tuition Partnership Scholarship Information
2020-21 PSAT & SAT School Day Tests
- The PSAT will be held on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
- There will not be a make-up date for the assessment.
- Students must register for the test in the guidance office.
- Registration information will be posted late August / early September.
- The test is free for juniors. Sophomores will need to pay the $18 fee charged by Collegeboard.
- The SAT will be held on Thursday, October 28, 2021 and Wednesday, April 13, 2022.
- Because these are "school day" tests, interested students will not register on the Collegeboard website.
- Registration will be done through the guidance office. The registration form can be found to the right and the fee charged by CollegeBoard is $55.
- Alternatively, students can take the SAT at other schools on a Saturday test date. Please go to www.collegeboard.com to check local availability and to register/pay for these tests. The guidance office cannot register you for a Saturday test at a different school. Guidance counselors can, however, answer your questions if you have any difficulties with the process.
Schedules & Student/Parent Portal Access
2021-22 Financial Aid Night *** Link to Presentation Posted Here ***
- New Changes to the Fafsa form
- Changes to the Federal loans
- Loan Forgiveness
- Care Act Updates
- State Financial Aid Changes
- The Impact of Early Decision and Early Action on Financial Aid
- New Deadlines for the College Process
West Point Virtual Information Session- Oct. 5, 2021- All grade levels
Visit Colleges Virtually & Meet College Representatives
- Through Naviance, college representatives are scheduling times to meet specifically with Hackettstown students. This is a great opportunity to ask questions and learn information in a small group, virtual meeting.
- Also through Naviance, colleges are posting information about rep meetings, virtual tours, help sessions and more that any high school student can attend.
2021-22 College Fairs & Open Houses (Mostly Virtual)
- Sunday, August 29
- Sunday, September 12
- Tuesday, September 28
- Sunday, October 3
- Sunday, October 24
- Tuesday, November 2
- Sunday, November 14
- New Jersey College Open Houses https://www.njsca.org/college-open-houses/
- Pennsylvania College Open Houses https://www.njsca.org/pa-open-houses
- NY, DE, DC, MD & VA College Open Houses https://www.njsca.org/de-dc-md-ny-va-open-houses
Schedule Change Requests ***Deadline Passed***
- Students must begin the school year attending the classes listed on their schedules.
- A drop/add form must be downloaded (available on the upper right of this webpage), completed and signed by a parent/guardian.
- Email the completed form back to your guidance counselor.
- Because of safe social distancing protocols and class caps, opportunities to change classes are extremely restricted this year.
- Students will be called down for an in-person meeting only if necessary.
- Counselors will consider every request and do their best to accommodate students.
College Visit - Naviance Instructions
SAT & PSAT Registration Form