8th Grade Scheduling
Once again, we're excited to be working with our 8th grade families to prepare for the 2020-21 school year!
Information on the scheduling process, presentations given and materials distributed will be posted and updated on this page.
Timeline & Summary of Events
- Coordination Meeting with 8th Grade Guidance Counselors & CST Case Managers. (January 6.)
- Classroom Visits to 8th Grade Middle Schools. (January 7-8.)
- Scheduling Handouts (see below) were distributed.
- An abbreviated version of the Scheduling Presentation (see below) was presented.
- A Q&A session was held. This was led by current 9th grade students.
- Scheduling Presentation for 8th Grade Parents. (January 9.)
- A detailed version of the Scheduling Presentation (see below) was presented.
- A Q&A session was held. This was led by Mrs. Thomas, Assistant Principal, and Mr. Jorstad, Director of Pupil Personnel Services.
- Scheduling Packets Sent Home to 8th Grade Families. (TBD - End of January / Beginning of February.)
- Academic Selection Sheet
- Elective Survey
- Re-Registration Information (Hackettstown Only) or Registration Packet (Allamuchy and GMRSD Only.)
- Scheduling Meetings with High School Counselors. (TBD - End of February.)
- 15 minute meetings. Students with IEPs will have their 8th grade Case Manager attend the meeting.
- Students with 504s will have a 30 minute combined scheduling meeting - 504 revaluation meeting. The HS guidance counselor and 504 Coordinator will meet with the student, family and Middle School 504 Team. The 504 will also be rewritten as appropriate for High School implementation.
- Move Up Day at the High School. (TBD.)
- Students will receive and follow their 9th grade High School schedule.
- Students will meet their teachers and learn what they need to complete for their summer assignment.
- Summer 2020.
- No schedule changes. Guidance counselors do not have summer hours.
- Mr. Jorstad and Mrs. Thomas are available over the summer.
- 2020-21 School Year
- Students will begin the school year with their Move Up Day schedule.
- Students with a request for a schedule change may contact their counselor once school starts. Students will be called out of class for a meeting and the possibility of the schedule change will be reviewed.
Scheduling Handouts (Distributed During 8th Grade Middle School Visits)
Scheduling Presentation 8th Grade Parents Night January 2020
Re-Registration Paperwork (Hackettstown Township Only)