Military, Technical Schools, and Other Options
Not everyone goes to college, at least not right away. Whether you're planning to go into the military or join the workforce, there's help here for you, too!
- PLEASE NOTE: The ASVAB for seniors will be on October 5, 2022 at 7:50 am. Please sign up in the guidance office. Underclassmen will be permitted if space allows. An additional ASVAB test will be given in January 2023.
- The Armed Services Vocational Assessment Battery (ASVAB) is given at HHS every November and March (please sign up ahead in the Guidance Office). The ASVAB is a timed multi-aptitude test, which is given at over 14,000 schools and Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS) nationwide and is developed and maintained by the Department of Defense. A student does not have to make a commitment to the military to take this assessment or to benefit from career information that it supplies.
If you are interested in learning more about the opportunities the military offers, please contact the recruiters below or see Mrs. Cardell in the Guidance Office.
United States Army SSG Luis Matta [email protected]
Office: (908) 850-1700 Cell : (848) 240-2342 130 Main Street Hackettstown, NJ 07840
NJ Army National Guard SSG, Gabriel Rivera, gabriel.rivera88.[email protected]
(973) 943-1466 550 Route 57 Port Murray, NJ 07865
United States Marine Corps Sgt. Michael Sauerwald [email protected]
(908) 722-4477 2 Division St. Somerville, NJ
United States Navy Chief Petty Officer Marquita Ensley [email protected]
(973) 383-2323 31 Newton Sparta Rd. Suite 4 Newton, NJ
United States Air Force Staff Sgt. Reimer "Rey" Concepcion [email protected]
(609) 914-5696 31 Newton Sparta Rd. Newton, NJ
Air Force Reserve Tech Sgt. Donte M. Russell [email protected]
(215) 892-6481 4674 Broadway Allentown, PA 18104
United States Coast Guard AET1 Dan Dinsmore [email protected]
(973) 674-2993 ext.205 560 Main Street Suite 10 East Orange, NJ 07018
NJ Air National Guard SrA, NJANG, USAF Antonia G. Bottalico, 108th Air Refueling Wing
[email protected] (609) 745-0657 Office (609) 491-6041
3327 Charles Blvd Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ 08640
Trade Schools/Adult Education/Apprenticeships- Click here for comprehensive guide