Message From The Principal
Our county COVID status has been updated to Yellow (Moderate). As such, HHS has modified our quarantining guidelines for close contacts. If deemed a close contact, your child/children have two options:
Option 1: provide a negative COVID test to our school nurse that was taken on days 5-7. If submitted and negative the quarantine period will only be 7 days.
Option 2: required to quarantine 10 days if a negative is not submitted to the school nurse.
If transmission rates start to climb or the county COVID status changes back to Orange (High), parents and guardians should expect the guidelines to go back to 14 days.
Who is exempt from Quarantining?
- COVID-19 positive (viral test) within 3 months: Persons who tested positive for COVID-19 (viral test), clinically recovered from COVID-19 and then have close contact with someone with COVID-19 within 3 months does not need to be quarantined or retested. However, persons who have close contact with someone with COVID-19 more than 3 months after the initial infection should quarantine.
- Fully Vaccinated Persons within 3 months: Vaccinated persons should continue to follow current guidance to protect themselves and others, including wearing a mask, staying at least 6 feet away from others, avoiding crowds, avoiding poorly ventilated spaces, covering coughs and sneezes, washing hands often, following CDC travel guidance, and following any applicable workplace or school guidance, including guidance related to personal protective equipment use and SARS-CoV-2 testing. However, fully vaccinated persons who have close contact with someone with COVID-19 do NOT need to quarantine if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Are fully vaccinated (i.e., ≥2 weeks following receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series, or ≥2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine), AND
- Are within 3 months following receipt of the last dose in the series, AND
- Have remained asymptomatic since the current COVID-19 exposure
Persons who do not meet all 3 of the above criteria should continue to follow current quarantine guidance after exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19. Fully vaccinated persons who do not quarantine should still watch for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days following exposure. If they experience symptoms, they should be clinically evaluated for COVID-19, including SARS-CoV-2 testing, if indicated.