Science National Honor Society
America has been honoring brilliant students through honor societies since 1921. Educators began to notice the need for subject-specific honor societies in America’s high schools in the 1980s. Since then, new honor societies have sprung up to recognize and encourage students in such areas as English, Art, French, and Spanish. Until now, there has been no national honor society for Science. In this era of rapidly changing technologies and scientific advancement, it is time to encourage and recognize high school students in the Sciences.
SNHS is a prominent scientific organization that will engender a new group of young thinkers who will be the future of the industry, research, and scientific exploration for America.
- Each member is classified as a junior or senior at HHS.
- Each member must have and maintain a weighted 93% average in science.
- Each member must have and maintain a weighted 90% average overall.
- Each Junior member must have completed two honors level science courses.
- Each Senior member must have completed three honors level science courses.
Students who are eligible for the Science National Honor Society will receive a letter stating the above qualification and an invitation to science NHS. Our induction ceremony will be held in November to welcome new members.
Students will be asked to attend meetings (1 per month after school) and participate in volunteer hours (a minimum of 2 hours).
If you have any further questions, please reach out to me through email: [email protected]